Saturday, November 10, 2007

I Love Married Life

I have been so much more in control of my emotions, secure with myself, and happy with my life since I got married. Hubby seems to have such a positive effect on me. I sometimes wonder what his magic is. When we met, we had no idea what the future would bring. He was a family man that was taking his wife and daughter out for a movie. I ended up dating his friend- who I had known in high school. After several years of a difficult relationship, I got out. While living in another state, I found out that he and his wife had gotten a divorce, and he was moving to where I was. At the encouragement of both our exes (didn't want to burn any bridges or cause any drama!), we started dating. We knew each other (off and on) for five years and dated for two years before we got married. I now look back at my nine month marriage (yes, I am still a newlywed!) and I am amazed at all that we have accomplished. I think about our future, and I am more in love with him than ever before, and so excited about the family we plan on having, and so impressed with the plan we have for our future.

And I wish this on everyone. I want everyone to enjoy this happiness. My family and friends. Strangers. Even my ex bfs and his ex wife. Yes, I wish them happiness. All of them. (Well, maybe not together, but you know what I mean.) I want you to be happy, and feel more loved than ever before. And if you are already in that very relationship, I am happy for you.

As for those of you that single, don't give up. Get yourself out there. Date a lot. Make friends. Easy for me to say? Yes, I know. Because I have been there. Try a Dating Service. This one here brings together several sites, including eHarmony, Date.com, and Friend Finder.
Staying at home by yourself is great sometimes, but you aren't going to even get your name out there for anyone to find unless YOU make it happen. You have the whole holiday season to do this. Go to parties, visit friends, attend church. (Stop balking about meeting people at church. You want to be with someone that has similar beliefs as you, don't you? I thought so.) And who knows, while working on meeting all these new people, you may just find yourself out there, too.

No comments: