Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What I've learned

I've been doing blogging for a while. I'm still quite the newb at it, but I have a few pieces of knowledge under my blogging belt. Here are a few things I have learned so far:

- Always comment back. Nobody likes to leave comments for someone if they feel like it's a one way conversation.

- It's okay to have short and simple posts.

- Networking and making friends are completely separate. Networking is building traffic for your blog. Making friends is, well, making friends. I would much rather have loyal friends than traffic to my blog.

And one quick thing about paid blogging: I like the simple and smaller jobs, even though they don't pay as much as the big ones. It's better to make $5 and keep the integrity of my blog, than to get paid $25 and lose all my readers.


I'm still working on getting my blog moved to my own domain. I am currently on the market looking for a host. Please, send your suggestions my way. And feel free to leave any of your own blogging tips here.

No comments: