Thursday, December 6, 2007

Finally!

My dad has worked the same job for a few years. He works for his brother. Have you ever heard the term "Don't mix family and business"? My dad works about a hundred hours a month more than he should, and doesn't get paid nearly what he is worth. I am actually embarrassed to even give a range of his hourly salary because it is so pitifully low. Well, I have finally convinced him to let me help him update his resume and send it out. (His excuse was that he didn't have a computer anymore. And he refuses to get a computer rental.) Neither one of us have promised each other a new job. But I feel much better knowing that he is at least going to let me help him and get his name out there. If there is something I know I am good at, it's helping with employment. My dad shouldn't have to work so hard, and he should be paid what he is worth. It's as simple as that.

No comments: