Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Worst Weather in History

We had a storm come in today. It hit Utah County like nothing before. We have only a few additional inches of snow (adding to the six or eight we already had), but the winds are terrible. It's complete white-out conditions. The freeways are stopped. People are sitting at gas stations- some have reported as many as 150 people. Cars on the side of the roads are running out of gas because they have been stranded for so long. School buses turned around shortly after leaving the schools and went back to the school with still fully loaded buses. No one can see anything. We are being told this is one of the worst storms in history.

My mom's husband is out in this. She just called me in a panic. His car broke down on the side of the road. Mom called my Uncle (her ex-BIL) and he said he would go get Mom's husband and let him stay the night.

I am scared. And anxious. I hate sitting here in my warm comfortable house when there are so many people out there that need help. I am CERT certified and this is what I am trained for. People without heat that could use blankets. People sitting in the dark that would appreciate something as simple as a flashlight. People that haven't eaten since lunch that could use a bottle of water and a quick warm meal. People that are stranded and would feel better just knowing someone was coming to do something.

Makes me wonder if something like Corpus Christi real estate is something I want to start considering. No snow, right?

No comments: