Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lion And Friends

This is a cool story. I'm not sure if it is true or not, and I couldn't find anything on Snopes about it. (I did email them to ask about it just now.) But either way, it's a good story. It's very touching, and speaks volumns about love and friendship.

The first attachment is a still photo. The second attachment is a video. There's no sound, but look at the picture first and then watch the video. These 2 guys reared this lion from a baby in England but the authorities would not allow them to keep it once it reached maturity so they were forced to give it up, they took it back to Africa and placed it in a wildlife sanctuary, a year later they went to see it and were told it would not remember them.
This is Christian The Lion. These guys raise an injured lion from birth and then release him into the wild. After one year they attempt to reunite with the lion and its amazing how happy the lion is to see his old friends.



PS I will let you know what I hear from Snopes.

EDIT: I heard back from Snopes. After I emailed them, they did the research and this story is true! Read about it here.

1 comment:

Jade said...

I know I've seen that black and white photo many times before, but I've never heard that story.

I love the video! Happy kitties make me squee <3