Thursday, April 17, 2008

True Love

~What does true love me to you?
Loving someone with all my heart, unconditionally, without losing myself in the process.

~How do you know if your really in love?
Because I can not only be myself, but I am a better person when I am with him.

~How many times in your life have you fallen in love?
Plenty. Love is a verb, which means it is a choice, which means you choose to fall in love or out of love with anyone at any time.

~Have you ever fell out of true love because you were mad in the moment?
No. True love doesn't fall out of love. Ever. True love endures through the anger- or any other emotion.

~Do you feel love and physical attraction are the same thing?
No. They can both happen at the same time, or one happen without the other. However they are separate and distinct. (A lot of people would save themselves a lot of heartache if they would learn to separate the two!)

~If your true love became ill or disfigured would you continue to love them the same way?
Not exactly. I don't believe love stays the same way at all. Love changes. No love ever remains the same, but it is up to me to keep it strong and lasting. In this situation, I would like to think we would endure this together- as any couple truly in love should handle any problem.

~Should anyone else be able to tell you who to love or not love?
They can tell me all they want. And they can give me advice and suggestions about who they feel it would be in my best interest to love. However, giving my love is my choice. And, in the end, the decision remains mine.

~Do you believe people that ended up divorced were ever truly in love?
As I said before, love is a choice. People can be in love, but not willing to work out the problems. With this in mind, yes I believe there are divorced people that were truly in love.

~Would you give up something you want for someone you love?
Sure. A part of love is compromise, and that means giving up some things. However, if I find that I am changing in a negative way to adhere to the one I love, that is not what true love is about, and I believe the relationship should be re-evaluated. I shouldn't lose myself to love someone else.

~If you truly love someone do you feel it should be unconditional?
Yes.

No comments: