Friday, March 19, 2010

Cord Blood Donation Frustration

I just have to vent for a minute. I get bombarded with info about cord blood banking (private) and cord blood donation (public). I get it through email, posted mail, at the doctor office, hospital, online, everywhere. But I can't donate! The only way the public donation center will take the donation is if I deliver in one of their hospitals, which isn't in my network and my OB doesn't (and can't) go to. I talked to my OB, and he said he is trained and completely willing to do whatever is needed to collect the donation, and I have someone that is willing to wait at the hospital and immediately take the donation to the cord blood company. But the company simply will not accept it. I have been trying for months to find a way to make it happen. I've even tried to find out what to do to get the hospital I'm delivering at approved, so that I can donate. No luck! Ugh, I'm so frustrated with this.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so weird that they won't take the donation if you deliver at a different hospital.

*Marie* said...

I agree- especially when I am willing to do/ arrange all the work to have it done and done correctly.