Friday, March 8, 2013

Way to go Arkansas! Save those babies!

I was thrilled to read this article about Little Rock, Arkansas about their newest protection for unborn babies. I am very obviously a Pro-Life person. I believe babies should be allowed to live, and that killing them before they are born is murder. So their new stance to protected babies as new as 12 weeks is fantastic. These babies have a heartbeat! Thinking about a babies heartbeat is amazing to me. What a miracle. 

Sorry, I got distracted. 

For those of you that are getting your tissy fit ready to throw down, I say this. Yes, you should have a choice. You have a CHOICE of which birth control method you use! You want to get it on? Do it responsibly. Think you are mature enough to decide to go to bed with someone? Be mature enough to do it responsibly. If my opinion that people should be responsible for their actions offends you, well, that right there says something about you, now doesn't it?

(Please be sure to note this new protection "includes exemptions for rape, incest, the life of the mother and highly lethal fetal disorders.".)

I am reminded of a great book I read, Unplanned written by Abby Johnson. This story gave insight to both sides of the divide, while sharing the heart wrenching story of a woman who worked for both an abortion agency and an adoption agency.

Way to go Arkansas! I support you in standing up for life at it's most vulnerable, and I urge other states to follow in their footsteps.

1 comment:

Val said...

Well Spoken Marie. I think you said it perfectly.