Sunday, June 24, 2007

Let the skies open. . .

. . . And the rain fall. Not only do we have an ocean of rain falling on us, but the lightning is so frequent right now that the thunder is constant. When one rolling rumble passes, the next has already started. It is a beautiful sound- and terrifying to watch. I had to drive home in this, and thank heavens it was a short drive. I came home and immediately crawled into my husband's lap. We need this rain so badly. I love the rain out here. Because I grew up in Utah, rain seemed un-natural. Now that I am here, I see the effect of rain. And it is wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really wish we could get more rain here. It's slowly picking up and all the smoke is finally gone, but I believe we're still in the negatives for rainfall...