Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Welcome to the new century

Sometimes I get really frustrated. One of those times, is when a store I am shopping has a problem accepting credit cards. And I get even more upset when they give me some excuse about wanting transaction rates lower before they will accept them. First of all, it is poor business to not accept a widely used form of payment from a customer. Second, it is even worse business to think you can reason with a customer about not being willing to make things easier for them.
I know that I am not an official business owner, and I know there are things out there that I don't, and probably never will, understand about a business. However, I am a consumer. I do the majority of the shopping for my household. I use my card. And I get quite frustrated when I spend my time filling my basket or cart, only to be told at the check-out that you won't accept my form of payment.
So, word to all the business owner's out there. It would greatly please all of us shopping consumers if you would accept Visa, Mastercard, and even American Express. Trust me, it will be better for your business, and so much more convenient for your shoppers. Like me.

No comments: