Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mobile Alerts to Drama to Medical and Back Again

I signed up for a bunch of mobile text alerts. News, Amber Alerts, Politics, Weather, ect. I signed through a couple of different sites, so that I can decide which ones I like best. It took me forever (!!!) to get the confirmation code from Yahoo, and then I had to do it three times before it accepted the code. But I'm finally signed up. I love text messaging. And now I will stay more up to date, from my phone. lol I sound like a commercial!

Tomorrow is Selo's neurologist appt. I'm a little nervous about it, but it will be nice to have some answers.

Last night, he did the scavenger hunt to find out about the vacation planned for his birthday. We are both looking forward to it, and he was so tickled by it. I love seeing him happy and knowing he is important. (I have the videos of him finding the clues, if anyone wants to see them.)

Someone is out to get me. No, I'm not being paranoid. She was a friend of mine back in high school, and got pretty angry when I decided she wasn't someone I wanted in my life anymore. She has- IMO- freaked out a bit, and has threatened to email my dad (um, really?) and to cause drama with Selo's ex wife. Lizz has been warned- be on the lookout!- and I heard she (Lizz) took it well. I haven't read her blog since the first of the year (go me!), so I don't know what's going on with her, but I hope. . . well, let me change my thought, I just hope the drama with this chick (the "friend") ends soon, so that we can all move on with our lives.

Ohhhhh, what else is going on with us?

Medical stuff. I heard from radiology that the insurance has already sent a check for a small portion of those bills, and we will find out in about a month what the rest of the balance is. With some of the other ones, they are sending some paperwork to see if we can have any of it written off and Selo's mom says she can write us a Hardship letter. I don't know about you, but I don't have a spare $25k laying around somewhere. At this point, we don't even have a spare $1,000.

As for the car, we are going to have it towed to a wrecking yard. The insurance said it would cover the cost of towing it, but we are not getting anything back for the vehicle (or the medical). So we are out of a car, officially, when it has been towed. Not that we have one to drive now- we aren't even supposed to drive it from one end of the driveway to the other. No plans to buy a new one now, with the medical bills hitting us pretty hard. Anybody know if we have to keep auto insurance if we don't have a vehicle to ensure?

I watched The Biggest Loser tonight. When the first season of that show came out, I absolutely loved it. It was about time to have a positive and uplifting reality show. The fourth season is definitely different than the first, but people are still being motivated to lose weight and change their lifestyles. (PS have you seen the walk in tubs they have? I'm so jealous!)

Don't see much of my sisters anymore. They both changed jobs recently, and I don't even get to talk to them on messenger now. I'm pretty sad about that. I look forward to when they are out of their respective trainings and we can text each other again!

We won't be going to the Prophets funeral, like we (okay, I) wanted to. Since it is Saturday, we will be out of town. I bet it is going to be beautiful, and very spiritual. And now that I have come out of shock, I know it is a good thing for him. He is with his wife now, and the rest of Heaven. I can't think of anywhere I would rather be. *sad smile*

Anyway, enough rambling. That is plenty of info for right now. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: