Monday, March 10, 2008

New Four Eyes

So, since I will be putting in a few extra hours at my job this week, I decided I'm going to buy some new glasses. I was going to use the money we got back from taxes, but I think I'm going to split it and use half of the taxes money and half of the money I am earning. See, buying glasses for me is really expensive. I have *really* bad eyes. I have to buy the special lenses that are thin, and then buy special frames because they are still so thick that regular frames don't hold them. Then because I am spending so much on them already, I want to protect them and make them last as long as possible, so I get the scratch protection and UV protection and those things. The last time I purchases new glasses, they were around $500, and that was almost four years ago- with the pity discounts the Drs office gave me. It's like buying handcrafted jewelry from the designer herself. They have lasted me well, but it's definitely time to get new ones. I can hardly see through the scratches on these. So, I'm going to start shopping around. I'm excited to get new ones. I will be able to update my prescription, and see better again. I honestly wonder if it would be cheaper for me to just save the money I spend on glasses and get Lasik. But alas, that is many years away.

No comments: