Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Am ORGANIZED

Since I was home sick yesterday, I spent the day on the phone. Ugh I hate the phone, and I hate bills. But I am now organized! I started in morning by calling our medical insurance company from the beginning of the year. I got the Cobra stuff worked out- finally. I'm still fighting the mysterious gap in coverage, but I requested it to be escalated again today. I should hear back about that by the end of the week. I spent the rest of the day calling ALL of the medical bills we have received for Selo so far (we haven't received any from June or July yet). Since the Cobra was worked out, I was able to send a lot of them back to the insurance. Others of them are going to be held until I have the gap worked out. I gave info and requested some financial paperwork on some others. And I paid off three of the smaller ones! Yay! Now for all the rest of them, I am putting them into a spreadsheet that will help me track the balance and progress on each of them, as well as the total balance owed for all of them. I am so excited!! It's like this huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. We may not be out of debt yet, and we probably still owe have a million dollars, but at least I have it under control now. I have a plan! It gives me hope. We are going to make it out of this, we are going to move on with our lives, and we are going to be able to get back on our feet financially. Yes, life is good.

No comments: