Sunday, April 19, 2009

My domain, my website, my blog

I have a domain name. I have a website. I have a blog. Now if I could just get them all together in the same place. *sigh* Yes, I'm still working on that one. In the meantime, I have looked through thousands of blogs. I have picked a few things I do and do not want for my blog. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get everything I want on the very first try, but having my wants will be beneficial. These are just a few of my thoughts about it.

1- I want a the writing on one side, and everything else on the other. Many bloggers have columns down BOTH sides of their blog. To me, this is distracting. I wouldn't mind having two columns on the same side and the writing on the other, but I don't want my writing to be surrounded.

2- I want it to load quickly. Even if I have a lot on my page, I don't want it to take forever to load. I am annoyed when I have limited time, want to read a blog, and I have to waste time waiting for it to load.

3- I want patriotism on there. I am proud to be American. I plan on showing it.

4- I want the writing to reach almost all the way to the edge of the page. I don't want huge gaps between the edge of the page, and my writing. I want to make the best use of the space, and reading my blog simple.

5- I want heading, comments, dates, and categories easy to identify and easy to read.

6- I want a widget (or something similar) to display recent comments. I appreciate when people leave comments on my blog, and I would like them to be properly recognized for doing so. "Thanks to XXX and XXX for posting comments"

7- I want to be able to write a post, and have it posted at a later day or time. I get really into writing sometimes, and go through ruts at other times. This would help me space out my writing a little better and be more consistent.

8- I want to be able to password protect some posts. Sometimes I want to share some things with certain people but not with others. I would like to be able to password protect some posts with a different password for each one.

9- I DON'T want a verification thingie. Although I understand the purpose of them, I get so annoyed with them. And I may even need it in the future when my blog gets even bigger. But for now, no way, man.

10- I want the smilies from Poetic Frog. She opened them up to the public. I was *thrilled* when she did this, because they are adorable. And drawn by her, which makes them even more special.

11- I want a subscribe to comments button. I love when blogs I frequent have this feature, and I want to offer it to my readers as well.

12- I want the text in FULL. I want it too look good.

13- I want it to auto send out the link when I update. Or all the links for that day at the end of the day.



No comments: