Monday, December 17, 2012

PRK Day 4

I can tell my eyes are improving, even if it is painfully slow. Everyone I have spoken with had Lasik, but not PRK, so they could all see immediately upon sitting up from their surgery and are astounded that I can't see clearly. I am grateful to have a very smart phone, one that can follow voice commands such as "Call my mom" and "open voice recorder". It has been nice to wake up in the middle of the night and find my way to the bathroom without having to find my glasses first. It has been nice to not have to rub my eyes to get my contacts to quit hurting. It has been nice to fall asleep and wake up, and not worry about where my glasses are or if I have contacts to take care of. 

And, in a few more days, it will be nice to be able to see clearly without any help. I am still praying this is how it will work out for me. And I am still hopeful. 

If I could do it all again, I would, except for one thing. I would be more prepared to not be able to see for several days. I would do more research on how people were after PRK. Not just lasik, but specifically PRK. I wasn't prepared to not be able to see, and especially for so many days. If I could do it again, I would get books on tape, and plenty of them. I would make plans of things to do without needing to read- wrap gifts, organize areas of our house, cleaning. 

I'm sure this will end up being the wonderful and life changing event that I've been hoping for. But I would have liked to be more prepared for the "in between" time, so that I don't lose hope while waiting for the miracle in my eyes to finish adjusting. 

My next follow up apt is on Friday. Now that the majority of the major events are over, and I'm back tot he waiting, I'll probably wait until then to update again. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments: