Sunday, December 16, 2012

PRK Day 3

The pain is easing, not even much discomfort anymore. Most, it is sensitivity. I am still in the dark room, but have the doors open to let light in. I spend a lot of time sleeping, but I'm not taking the pain meds anymore. I am still doing the two eye drops like clockwork, but I'm not using the numbing drops anymore.

I wish I could read. I would even settle for being able to see clearly enough to watch a movie. I was prepared for the pain, but I wasn't prepared for the lack of sight. I thought I would be able to see perfectly. And I can't. I still can't see well enough to read. I can't see what's on my phone, so I can't text people. I can't read a computer, so I can't browse. I can't see faces or actions, so I can't watch a movie or a show. The boredom is what is going to get to me. 

We went to a family Christmas party tonight. It was good to get out. We had dinner, then played games. It was nice to be around people, even if I couldn't see their faces. It was nice to be out and about, even if I couldn't see the games being played. I spent a few hours with everyone, then curled up in another room to rest until we went home. 

When we got home, my husband did a great service. He increased the font on my kindle fire to the largest font. I can read it! I laughed out loud. The letters are bigger than my fingernail. But it was wonderful to me. I spent over an hour reading my book. 


No comments: