Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Have Ever Thought About Your Death?

I have thought about it a few times. Especially recently, considering what we have been through. (No, not killing myself, smart one, the fact that we were in a really bad car accident might have triggered the thought. Honestly.) One of the things I have stated several times is that I want a closed casket. I do not want peoples' last memories of me to be lying dead in a casket. Sounds crazy, but it's what I want. Period.

I never imaged how difficult it is to pay for a funeral. I've never planned on myself. I've thought about it, but I've haven't put much thought into it. Nor have I ever been concerned about it. About the colors, the choices, or . . . the cost.

But what about those that have? What about those that know they will be passing soon, and want to take care of things so their loved ones don't have too?

And what about the feeling of having to sell your sacred belongings to do so?

Crystal, you opened my eyes to a suffering I didn't know existed. And those eyes are now the source of the tears streaming down my face.

For everyone else reading this, please. Take a moment of time, and read what she wrote. Maybe you can even help pass the word on. For every person that reads, is one more chance for help.

READ HERE

My donation isn't much, but I want to help in every way that I can.


Crystal Blog Blinkie OSM

1 comment:

Frugal, Green & Fabulous said...

Wow...I stumbled on your blog quite by accident..but its amazing. I agree with you on the death thing too. For me...it was after I had my son that I started to really contemplate my own mortality. While that sounds a bit pretentious I remember literally feeling gripped with panic at the thought that something might happen which would make me incapable to being alive to nurture and raise him, protect him, and see him grow. Perhaps it was the pregnancy hormones (haha) but somehow there is something that links birth and death together. Perhaps its god's way of making sure that we appreciate our time here and focus on enjoying the moment. Even when the 'moment' insists on breastfeeding every 2 hours around the clock, and you're so tired that you think you can't stand it. :-) But for now I can tell you that my hubby and I are insured to the hilt, and that every preperation that could be made, has been.