Thursday, October 2, 2008

Security Systems

Our car was broken into. They didn't take anything, but it was obvious that they tried to get the stereo out. It was an newb though, because the stereo was sitting in the door and it was still there. Stupid people.

BUT it got me thinking. Selo and I are planning to buy a house in the next year or so. And one of my fears is an intruder inside our house. Especially when he isn't home, and even more so when we have children. If I think about it too long, I get sort of panicky about it.

So I did what I always do when I get like this, I started doing research. I start with ADT because that's the company my husband used to work for, and went straight for their home security systems. Look, they've even been mentioned by Consumer's Report. After reading about some of what they have to offer, I'm feeling a little better. I feel more prepared knowing what is out there to keep my family safe and to protect us.



Now, I think I'm going to go work on getting our car more secure.

No comments: