Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 4 in LV - Tuesday

Tuesday was a pretty simple day.

In the morning we woke up bright and early. Okay, it was bright outside and it was earlier than everyone else lol. Selo and I got ready and went to the Las Vegas temple. We love to go to any temple we can every time we go on a vacation somewhere. (Although, I really wonder how many people "elope" to the LV temple?) We did initiatories, which is my favorite thing to do there. Then we visitited the distribution center and bought more garments, which we both needed and had fun doing. lol Anyone else have fun buying new undies? Anyway, we had a really good morning at the temple.

Beka and Andy were packing up to go home when we got back. Sue took them, and Danielle went with. (They had no trouble with their flight- boarding or landing in SLC.) Since everyone else was happy and dandy, Selo and I headed down to the pool to play. I got to wear one of my new swimsuits. It's so comfortable, and it covers me wear I want to be covered and reveals where I want to reveal. I like it a lot! LOL And so does my husband.
That night, Nicole, Isaac, Danielle, and Sue all went to see Zumanity, the sensual side of Cirque De Soleil. Selo and I dropped them off, and then headed off for a date of our own. We were planning dinner and some time to relax and play on the strip, just the two of us.

For dinner, we went to the always friendly and dependable Applebee's. As usual it was very yummy. Selo had their Bourbon Street Steak, and I had the Chicken Fried Chicken, then finished it off with a Hot Fudge Sundae Dessert Shooter. I love the CFC, and the dessert shooters and so worth the two bucks for them. Unfortunately, Selo wasn't feeling so great. In fact, he was feeling . . . a little drunk? I know, the bourbon is supposed to be all cooked out of the steak. But he still wasn't feeling good. Rather than go to the strip, we went back to the resort. My poor husband crashed as soon as he was horizontal on the couch. I curled up with him and a book. It wasn't the night we had planned, but it was cozy and comfortable. And at least he slept off his illness.

The other four came home around midnight. From what they told me about the show, it was amazing. They had a great time. We all talked for a little while, and then everyone drifted off to their bedrooms and beds.

No comments: