Saturday, January 17, 2009

Locks of Love, Wii Fit, and a perfect date

Today is the day! I cut my hair so I could donate it to Locks of Love. I had 13 inches cut off. It was a great feeling to have it cut. Not only was I doing it for a great purpose, but I was so ready to have it short again. I had been growing my hair since I had graduated college- almost 5 years. And for the last two or three years, I had been planning to donate it. Originally I wanted it long enough to sit on before I cut it, but I never would have made it that far lol. But it was fantastic anyway. After it was cute, I had the shadow box died dark purple. Love it, BTW. The color didn't turn out as dark as I'd planned (it's more purple than brown), but it's cute anyway. AND Selo decided to get his hair done, too. My husband is a blond! Not just a dark blond either, white blond. He had his hair bleached. Wowza!

After we left the salon, we decided to celebrate. We ended up finally finding a Wii Fit, and he bought it for me! I had been wanting one for over a year, and he'd been looking since my birthday in October. I was so excited! Then we headed out for a date night. We went to see Bride Wars. OMGosh it's funny. Anne and Kate did a fabulous job. Then, yes it keeps getting better, we went to The Cheesecake Factory. Yummy! They had this incredible 30 years celebration cheesecake. It was like heaven on a plate. Never tasted anything so delicious.

By that time, we were ready to go home. We had a great hair day, and successful shopping trip, and a totally fun date night. I tell you, it was a perfect day.


No comments: