Taken from Sweet Catastrophe =)
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Went on a cruise
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yep, all ten of them. And yes, I'll be making ten more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friend Val.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
Sept 22, the day we found out we are pregnant
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it through Selo's job loss without any major financial complications.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting medical problems get the best of me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does morning sickness count?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My sister, Beka
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Rude and hateful people
14. Where did most of your money go?
To maintain our life. We don't have much debt, and for that I am grateful.
15. What did you really, really, really get excited about?
Our cruise and having our baby
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
Thinner?: Nope- got a baby growing in there
Richer?: I'd say yes
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Socialize (have to agree on this one)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Let other people boss me around when I knew what I was doing.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With a lot of family
21. How will you be spending new years?
I spent it sleeping. I can stay up till midnight any night, so it didn't seem like a big deal this year.
23. How many one-night stands?
hahaha as many as I could get out of my husband ;)
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I try not to hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?
Against Medical Advise by James Patterson and Hal Friedman
27. What was your biggest musical discovery?
I got really into country, for some reason
28. What did you want and you got?
To make Selo's dream come true by taking him on a cruise.
29. What did you want and not get?
Completely out of debt, still working on that.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Transformers (yes, still)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn?
I turned 26, and we celebrated the whole weekend.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Tough question, I think I had a pretty good year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Tried to avoid business clothes as much as possible.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
Any celebrity that had a strong marriage and a stable family. Not many qualify.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
President Obama's speech to our school children.
37. Who did you miss?
A best friend from a long time ago, whom I haven't spoken with for a few years, Bryan.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
That would have to be Lera.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
I am in control of my emotions, and I get to choose how to react to situations. (Very empowering!)
"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" by Toby Keith